Thursday, October 4, 2012

the power of music

dear blog,

probably most people who read this blog know that i come from a semi-musical family. i mean we're not the partridge family or anything, but i did grow up around music in a different way than most people. that being said, i think music is a big part of my personality. i don't think i'm especially talented, but i have always loved to sing.

lately, especially because of my job, i have become more and more aware of the power of music. singing with my dad, brian and nickie has really helped me grow musically, and it has really helped me learn that working at your talents/sharing them cause them to grow exponentially. at work i sing & sing all day with M and i am amazed at the capacity he has to learn the notes and the words and how clearly he can sing words that he is unable to speak. and i'm constantly surprised and grateful that different songs will wake him up (little bunny foo foo) or calm him down (rock a bye baby.) even tonight as andrew boy got crazy and wouldn't go to sleep i just started humming lullabies and he dozed off so peacefully.

this is one of my favorite scriptures found in the doctrine & covenants section 25 verse 12: for my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.

the more and more i let (good) music into my life it's as if the spirit wants to be around more and those i share it with are blessed because of it. I am blessed because of it.

this song is a good representation of how i feel:
in other news maddie's coming home for conference weekend. yay!!!

love,
rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment