Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pioneer Trek

Dear blog,

The Timpview 9th ward does trek every four years or something like that so when I was a youth I missed the years that they went on trek. At the time I was not sad about that AT ALL. This year they were doing trek again and they asked for volunteers and my momma realllly wanted me to go. At first I really didn't want to, but then I prayed and I felt strongly that I needed to go, so I did! It was a little weird because I'm not married and I'm not old, but I'm also not in high school so I felt a little in between, but it was still fun to get to know a lot of the youth in the ward, and to experience first hand a small fraction of what the pioneers experienced. What was supposed to be a 5 day trek ended up being a 2 day trek because it poured rain the second day and while everyone was out hiking all the sleeping bags and tents got soaked and they didn't want anyone to die in the night so we left that second night and had a third day of trek at the church the next day. I made some new friends and learned a lot about myself (mainly that I wish we all wore pioneer clothes still!) 3 out of 5 stars, would do again.

Love,
Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment