Monday, June 20, 2011

blessed

dear blog,

i know it is late, and i should probably be sleeping seeing as i actually have to wake up tomorrow morning (don't judge me, blog!) but for some reason i am feeling incredibly blessed right now. i mean, the practical skeptic in me sees a million and one reasons that i have to not be grateful, but the glass-half-full optimist in me can't help but feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now (i'm a little conflicted, i know.) i've been thinking about writing a blog post about how i'm in search of a new best friend. now, don't get me wrong, i love all of my friends very very much and i have no desire to replace them, but it just so happens that they are either too too busy for me or don't live in an easily travelable distance. and i've been pretty lonely lately. but yesterday and today i have just been praying praying praying for a new friend, or someone to ease some of that devastating loneliness and the Lord answered my prayer. it wasn't like some awesome equally friendless handsome young man just showed up on my door step as desperate for a friend as i am (a girl can dream, right?) but it was the tender mercies, a well-given compliment, a caring phone call, an inquisitive text message, an evening with my sisters, an interested question from a stranger, that answered my lonely prayer.

so, thank you to the lovely best friends that i already have.

love,
rochelle

p.s. this is not a cry for help, rather it is a simple expression of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment